Way to replace regulator on this grill

Old 08-19-20, 10:07 AM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Way to replace regulator on this grill

I have just purchased a used Charbroil Professional 6 burner grill (model 463276517) The seller told me that the regulator needs to be replaced, but upon research, I find that for this model, the only way to replace it is to replace the entire set of burner switches along with the regulator. A little more wok than I was expecting as it appears that I may need to practically take the thing apart to get it all together.

So, now I have come to a point where I'm considering options. in the pic below, you can see the black regulator line where it connects to the side burner, and then to the 6 burners internal.
Q 1: Is it possible to cut this black line and put in a connector which would allow me to replace just the regulator? What pieces would I need?
Q 2: I note that there is a connection between the side burners and the 6 internal, so i'm considering getting the item from Charbroil, and replacing just the regulator and the side burner. thoughts?

Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-20, 10:18 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 620 Votes on 573 Posts
Try searching for "lp gas hose splice". In less developed countries I often see garden hose being used.

Marvinator voted this post useful.
Old 10-13-20, 12:40 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Just wanted to get back to you on the grill. I couldn't find anyone to make the hose coupler properly, so I spend a couple of days taking the entire thing apart while waiting on a new regulator. got the new regulator put in AND then discovered that when I bought the grill, the owner had told me that the regulator needed replacement, but in fact it was the TANK he included that had a bad nozzle. A new tank fixed this. at least now I have another regulator sitting in the garage if I ever need it.

Thanks again!