Adding EOC signal to GE dryer?

Old 06-17-01, 04:37 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

I have a GE gas dryer, model DDG7180SBLWW.

I was wondering if it is possible to ADD an end of cycle signal to my dryer? This is the first one I've ever had that does not have a buzzer (the dryer came with the house), and I've found I'm missing it terribly.

Thanks!
Melissa

Old 06-17-01, 07:30 PM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello Melissa and Welcome to the Do It Yourself Web Site and my Gas Appliance forum.

Best advice I could offer is to visit the appliance retail parts store for the part. It will come with installation instructions if it is the type that is a seperate unit and not incorporated into the timer.

If you find that it is not a seperate unit, and you do not care to fiddle around with the installation, wiring and electrical work, best answer is to purchase an ordinary kitchen egg timer and use it. It's portable and a heck of a lot cheaper and easier then installing a timer...

Regards & Good Luck
Forum Moderator
Tom_Bartco

Old 06-18-01, 05:33 PM
jeff1
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up

Originally posted by mjstowe
I was wondering if it is possible to ADD an end of cycle signal to my dryer?
Hi all,

I agree with Tom...buy an egg timer...or set the Microwave timer to remind you when the dryer will be done.

While it is possible to add a buzzer...too expensive!!...Timer, wiring, buzzer, motor wiring change, etc, etc, etc.

jeff.

Old 06-18-01, 07:19 PM
Visiting Guest
Talking

I've been doing the egg timer bit, guess I'll stick with that one until this dryer dies or I upgrade my house.

Thanks for the help - this site is terrific!

Melissa

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: