Kitchenaid range kgct305tbl: doesn't spark

Old 12-22-20, 06:43 AM
E
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Kitchenaid range kgct305tbl: doesn't spark

This stove is almost 30 yrs old, but still in pretty good shape except for the spark ignition. The sparking gradually stopped over a period of about 2 weeks and now there is no spark at all. I have cleaned the electrodes and still no spark, so it looks like the spark module is bad. Anything else I should check ? Are aftermarket modules any good - they are about 1/3 the price $ 60 vs $180.

Old 12-22-20, 05:58 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,480 Votes on 1,368 Posts
The complete model number is KGCT305tblX = 0, 1, 2.

Spark module OEM part # WP4454392

I've found a few companies that have it at a fair price. One of those companies is Sears Parts Direct and I'd trust them. As long as it says Invensys on it..... it should be genuine. I haven't seen it as low as $60.
Sears part direct - WP4454392

That is a re-ignition spark module. That means if the flame goes out the spark module will try to relight it. These spark modules work by the flame creating a bridge from the igniter to the burner ground. Clean igniters and burners are important. It is four channels. Each channel is switched by its gas control knob and goes to that burner as opposed to a standard system where all igniters spark at the same time. Make sure there is no arcing at the wires. Typically you'll hear arcing under the stovetop.

Old 01-02-21, 01:03 PM
E
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Is it best to replace this module by removing the burner box bottom cover or remove the cooktop (glass). The sheet metal bottom cover fits on the box very tight .

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: