Caloric Range - no burners or oven

Old 06-19-01, 10:56 AM
Visiting Guest
Question

I have an older Caloric gas range. Model # RLR359 (not self cleaning). The stove top burners can be lit with a match, but the usual clikcing sound is not happening and the oven will not heat at all. I'm not smelling any gas & I've already checked to see that the burners are not clogged. The panel and oven lights are both working, so I'm sure it is getting power. The stove was given to us & I do not have a manual so any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

Old 06-19-01, 07:12 PM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Some Of The Possible Problems

Hello and Welcome Amy271 to the Do It Yourself Web Site and thanks for posting a question in my Gas Appliance forum.

Based upon the information you posted, there are a few possibilities.

When all the sparking fails, it's most likely the spark modual. Most likley but not always. You should check for a fuse located somewhere.

If you find one and it is blown, you'll need to replace it. However, the fuse is a special type designed speifically for appliances and should only be purchased at an appliance retail parts store.

The fuse may look fine but it will need to be tested for continuity. The fuse holder should also be tested.

Usually, the oven and top burners are not electrically interconnected. Therefore, you may have two different problems. One for the top burners and the other for the oven.

There is plenty of information, within the archives of this forum, on both topics. One posting is called "Gas Valves and Glow Coils" which should be helpful.

Regards & Good Luck
Forum Moderator
Tom_Bartco
Energy Conservation Consultant & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: