finish on foreman grill

Old 06-19-01, 12:23 PM
Visiting Guest
I somehow have made the non-stick finish on my foreman stick. I think from scrubbing too hard. Anyway, I bought a can of non-stick cookware finish spray. However, the directions say to apply, air dry for 30 min. , then bake in a 450 oven for 10- 15 min. . It also says that if you cannot remove the plastic, wood parts of the applicance , do not use the product. My question is will the stuff work with the heat of the grill ? Or , does anybody know how to get my grill to quit sticking? Thanks

Old 06-25-01, 04:32 PM
Smokey
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up Not sure about this one

Tom:

Have you got any expertise in this area? Smokey needs help on this one. Come back!

Smokey

Old 06-25-01, 08:09 PM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello bar.tom and Welcome to the Do It Yourself Web Site and my Gas Appliance forum.

Hello Bar.Tom and Smokey

Not sure I know the true answer to this question. However, the old coating must be teflon. Teflon should not be damage because it causes health problems.

Since the orginal coating is damaged, I doubt covering it a new coating of any spray canned finish is a good idea. But I could be incorrect on this.

Therefore, read the application directions and warning label on the spray can carefully.

My gut feeling would be to remove all the old finish prior to recoating. You could call the canned spray finish manufacturer for information most likely to answer your question regarding the heat created by the grill.

Worse comes to worse, remove all the orginal coating with as little scratching as possible and use a caned food spray no stick product like PAM.

Hope my suggests and tips help.
Regards,
Tom

Improvise!...Howz dat Smokey?...LOL

Old 06-26-01, 02:27 AM
Visiting Guest
Folks,
this is an electric grill, not gas. Would that make a difference in your answer? Thanks. It just sticks in one spot about the size of a hamburger patty. Just a nuisance. I appreciate your time and effort. Thanks a million.
B

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: