kitchen gas cooktop lighter keeps clicking

Old 04-30-21, 07:19 AM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
kitchen gas cooktop lighter keeps clicking

I bought and had Lowes installed a brand new Kitchen Aid 30 inch Gas Cooktop model: KCGD500GSS00 S/N: DA0511485

One of the burners has this problem: sometimes, the lighter keeps clicking and tries to light even though the burner is already on. this happens even I move the position away from lighting position.
I wonder if anyone has any pointers on how to fix this?

Old 04-30-21, 09:19 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,529 Votes on 1,412 Posts
I show that unit uses a 0+4 re-ignition module.
That means that in the event a flame goes out.... it will automatically relight that burner.

Each gas control has its own dedicated switch on it.

In the picture the igniter is shown in the red circle. The burner cap sits over it so that the igniter is close to even with the top of the cap. The flame must connect the tip of the igniter to the cap. If the flame is not connecting the two.... the module senses no flame and resparks. You could have a defective igniter or burner cap.

lzxyzk voted this post useful.
Old 04-30-21, 02:32 PM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thank you PJmax . I watched some videos and cleaned up a bit. I will also watch the cap and flame based on what you said.
based on this new knowledge, I noticed that it clicks a few times (then stops) when I turn the downdraft fan to max. so I will watch the flame next time it keeps clicking.

Earlier, I called KitchenAid. Even this is a brand new install, they said they would charge me $130 if turns out not their fault. so I will make sure I cover my basics before having them come out when it's burner defect for sure.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: