Samsung dryer - drum patches melted a bit

Old 01-10-23, 07:13 PM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Samsung dryer - drum patches melted a bit

Hello there,
I have a Samsung dryer, which recently failed, the pulley and belt went so I had to replace both.
During replacement I took out the drum and saw that the black patches are a bit melted, apparently due to they were touching the heater block while drum was rolling, as there might have been a problem with the belt being worn out or whatever. Anyway, I have replaced the pulley and belt and put the drum back in. I wonder if this is normal for a drum to have these melty black stickers or should I replace the whole thing ?
Pics attached. Thanks!

Old 01-11-23, 09:15 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 1,708 Upvotes on 1,525 Posts
Good catch. I didn't even pay attention that the photos are of different areas of the drum and they do look rather thick and goopy. Probably to keep the drum from sounding like a... drum.

2john02458 voted this post useful.
Old 01-11-23, 05:56 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 1,708 Upvotes on 1,525 Posts
That looks like a document pouch. You've probably received packages with a small envelop containing the receipt or packing list. I would remove it so it doesn't generate a smell if it gets too hot again.

Old 01-11-23, 07:31 AM
Received 300 Upvotes on 256 Posts
That does indeed look like a document pouch, but the black goop looks like the sound deadener found on stainless steel sinks. Could it be that on the metal drum to reduce impact noise from large heavy loads? There appear to be more than one. Possible balancing weights?

Old 01-11-23, 05:13 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,332 Upvotes on 2,991 Posts
It's noise deadening. It's in different places on different drums.
Must be some very thin metal as I've seen people needing to patch holes thru the drum.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: