2 stupid gas grill questions?

Old 06-02-23, 12:13 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 8 Upvotes on 7 Posts
2 stupid gas grill questions?

Hey Gang,

I'm replacing the burners on my Broil-King Signet 90 and there are two things that Google doesn't seem to have the answer to.... I'm hoping that someone here will know

1) The replacement burners have these holes across the tubes on one side but not the other. I have no idea why they're even there but does anyone know if they go in holes up or down? And why?

2) The burner screws were so rusted that no amount of penetration oil would loosen them. The heads just crumbled.... so I ended up grinding them down. The grill is never moved. How necessary are these screws? I'm hoping someone can convince me that there's no need to drill and tap to put new screws in? They're too hard to use self drilling screws and my cobalt drill bits were struggling on them. Thoughts?

Thanks all

Old 06-02-23, 01:13 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,153 Upvotes on 1,928 Posts
1. They are flame holes. They carry the flame from one side of the burner tube to the other. They face upwards.

2. I just drill new holes in the grill nearby and mount the burners with stainless steel sheet metal screws. You really do want the burners held in place. If someone bumps the grill and the burner tubes come off the orifice/jet assembly you could have a dangerous situation.

Old 06-02-23, 01:37 PM
T
I wasn’t sure if it would be a good idea to start adding holes to the housing….. that part is still in warranty. … Thinking about it I guess it doesn’t make much difference since I’d have to drill either way. Thanks for this.

Old 06-02-23, 02:21 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,950 Upvotes on 3,543 Posts
The Broil King burners I'm looking at have UP stamped at the end where the screw goes.

Old 06-02-23, 03:48 PM
T
Nothing marked on these. Guess Amazon sent me knock-offs. Can you imagine!?!? LoL!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: