kenmore gas stove, how to change over to lp?

Old 08-26-01, 07:18 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
How do I change the regulator over to propane from gas? How do I convert?
Old 08-26-01, 08:59 PM
Sharp Advice's Avatar
Admin Emeritus
Join Date: Feb 1998
Location: The Shake and Bake State USA
Posts: 9,927
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello Andy and Welcome to the Do It Yourself Web Site and the Gas Appliances forum.

Some appliance regulators can be converted simply by flipping over the cap installed on the top of the tower of the regulator. This method only applies to newer stoves.

On older stoves, the entire regulator has to be replaced. On stoves of vintage age, there isn't any appliance regulator used. Therefore, without knowing the year, make and sometimes the model, it is difficult to say exactly.

If the stove is a newer model, look very closely on the regulators tower cap. There should be a stamped in letter of "N" for natural gas and an "LP" for propane.

If the stove is currently burning propane, remove the cap and flip it over and install it.

Read the manufacturers online web site for additional product information, parts needed etc. Patronize our online sponsor for additional information and online parts sales.

Another source for orginal replacement parts is your local retail appliance parts store. Appliance parts dealers carry replacement parts for all appliances and are listed in the phone book under appliances.

There have been several questions and replies on this topic recently. Check the ARCHIVES, within this forum, for other postings on this topic and the replies offered.

If you require additional assistance with this project, use the reply button to continue this topic.

Regards & Good Luck
Forum Moderator
Energy Conservation Consultant & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: