convert a natural gas oven to propane

Old 09-15-01, 07:06 AM
Visiting Guest
Unhappy

I acquired a Kenmore continuous cleaning oven, model number 9117258410 and I need to know what to do to convert it to propane.

Old 09-15-01, 04:15 PM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello Santech and Welcome to the Do It Yourself Web Site and my Gas Appliance forum.

To convert an oven only, you'll need to replace the burner orifice and then adjust the burner flame size after the orifice installation.

Depending upon the type of ignition system, the orifice to the pilot will also need replacing. Unless this oven is a newer model and has a thermostat with a built in manually adjustable conversion setting.

The appliance regulator may also need to either be replaced or converted, depending upon the type of regulator it is.

Suggestions:
Read the manufacturers online web site for additional product information, pictorials and schematics. Patronize our online sponsor for additional information and online parts sales.

Another source for orginal replacement parts is your local retail appliance parts store. Appliance parts dealers carry replacement parts for all appliances and are listed in the phone book under appliances.

Check the recent postings, within this forum, for other postings pertaining to stoves and or ovens and the replies offered in them.

Regards & Good Luck
Forum Moderator
Tom_Bartco
Energy Conservation Consultant & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: