Gas to Propane Dryer Conversion

Old 10-09-01, 12:59 PM
Visiting Guest
Thumbs down

Greetings,

I just purchased a gas dryer, and need to convert it to propane. The old dryer installed was a propane one, so all I have to do is add the conversion kit. The conversion kit (of course) had no instructions. Could you please tell me where I can get the proper instructions for this. GE will only offer a service call to do it for me for a price.

Please help, before I run out of clothes.

Thanks,
Ray

Old 10-09-01, 02:07 PM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello Ray. Welcome to my Gas Appliance forum and the Do It Yourself Web Site.

Best place I can think of is the local retail appliance parts dealer. There you should find helpful information.

Appliance parts dealers carry replacement parts for all appliances and are listed in the phone book under the heading of appliances.

Refer to the manufacturers online web site for additional product information, problem solving methods, pictorials drawings and schematics, should they be available.

It is not uncommon not to get instructions with the conversion parts. The kit you were sent may have more parts then are actually needed, since conversions do vary slightly.

You may also want to contact the gas supplier. Some suppliers offer the service free or for extremely low cost since you're using their gas product and service.

Regards & Good Luck
Forum Moderator
Tom_Bartco
Energy Conservation Consultant & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: