gas stove

Old 10-18-01, 03:32 PM
AAH
Visiting Guest
Question

I am in the process of buying a gas stove. Does anyone know what the difference is between brushed chrome and stainless steel? It seems that it is cheaper to buy the brushed chrome, but I have heard that it can rust and I don't want that with a stove.

Thank you

Old 10-18-01, 04:08 PM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello AAH

The question is slightly out of my line of expertise. However, the question is a valid one and deserves a reply from someone whom has more knowledge of the two finishes.

Hopefully, someone reading this forum with that knowledge will post a reply.

I could not locate another forum on our web site to suggest you post this question nor could I determine which forum to move the question to in order to get you a professionals advice.

Of course, finishes are final appearances that must fit the kitchens decor, selective and personal in regards to preferences and choices.

Chrome is the better choice, in my opinion, providing it meets the above requirements and is almost exclusively used in commerical applications for it's ease of cleaning and durable surface.

Chrome is an excellent choice, if the cost is within the budget.

Regards & Good Luck
Forum Moderator
Tom_Bart...

Energy Conservation Consultant & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Old 10-24-01, 04:01 PM
Fyxxez
Visiting Guest
Don't buy either , unless you don't mind wiping off every little smudge. Honestly they will never look clean.

Old 10-25-01, 04:21 PM
jeff1
Visiting Guest
Cool

Howdy,

Some cleaning tips for Stainless Steel...
http://www.applianceaid.com/sscleaning.html

jeff.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: