Electronic Ignition

Old 10-25-01, 09:06 AM
Visiting Guest
Question

I have a 10-year old oven made by Glenwood Range Co. (model #GBK26FC 0). Several years ago, the electronic ignition went out on the stove top requiring the burners to be lit by hand. We have misplaced our manual, and it appears Glenwood is out of business. Does anyone know a possible cause for this problem or whether it can be easily repaired? Thanks.

Old 10-25-01, 04:17 PM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 5 Upvotes on 4 Posts
Hello Jane King. Welcome to my Gas Appliances forum and our Do-It-Yourself Web Site.

Spark ignition parts are like any other parts, they wear out or burn out over time and with useage. Regardless of the manufacturer, I do not suspect you'll have a problem locating the spark ignition parts.

An excellent source for orginal replacement parts is your local retail appliance parts store. Appliance parts dealers carry replacement parts for all appliances. Parts dealers are listed in the phone book under appliances.

As an alternate source for additional parts sales, you may elect to patronize our online sponsor and also check the Electric Appliances forum for parts. The advertisement is at the end of any reply posted.

Regards & Good Luck
Gas Appliances Forum Moderator
Tom_Bartco Enterprises
Energy Conservation Consultant & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Old 10-26-01, 12:30 AM
Visiting Guest
Electronic Ignition

Thanks for your prompt reply, Tom. We'll give it a try! I'd like to get this thing fixed before Thaksgiving!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: