attic fan

Old 10-31-01, 02:43 PM
Visiting Guest
I have a Coleman/Evcon furnace with blend air controls linked with attic fan. The fan is supposed to run 4 hours on and 4 hours off....but it is runnning constantly. There is a circuit board contolling it as well as a circuit board linked with furnace. Any idea which circuit board could be the problem? Thanks

Old 10-31-01, 03:21 PM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello Edgar64. Welcome to my Gas Appliance forum and the Do It Yourself Web Site.

I am not sure I can offer you the help you need.

First off, I am not sure which fan your referring to.
The attic fan or the furnace fan?

Secondly, I have never encountered any interconnection via circuit boards between the attic fan and a furnace fan. I have encountered furnaces in attics and attics with fans for attic ventilation but never the two connected.

When you say BLEND of controls I do not fully understand what that means unless your saying the attic air space has a blend of controls for moving air via fans.

If the furnace uses some air from within the attic, heats it and sends it into the house as warm air for heating, then it has whats known as partial fresh air ventilation.

Partial fresh air ventilation is only used on commerical and public buildings in my neck of the woods but may be code in other parts of the country or world. Not here. So I am not fimilar with it in residential houses.

If you need further help with the condition, try posting the same question in the "Heating and Cooling" forum. Kindly post which fan is suppose to run "4 hours on and 4 hours off" and why, when you post in that forum. The phrase is a bit confusing.

Regards & Good Luck
Forum Moderator
Tom_Bartco
Energy Conservation Consultant & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: