gas water heater

Old 11-03-01, 02:22 PM
Visiting Guest
My hot water is traveling up into my upstairs sink and toliet, I need to keep turning the hot water handel to keep the shower from cooling off. It seems to be working fine otherwise.

Old 11-03-01, 03:35 PM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
More Detailed Information Requested

Hello Steve and Welcome to the Do It Yourself Web Site and my Gas Appliance forum.

Originally posted by stevemcknight84

You said:
"My hot water is traveling up into my upstairs sink and toilet."

I'm a little confused over the above statement. What do you mean by it? Which faucet in the sink? Hot or cold faucet???
If it's the cold water faucet the hot water is coming out of, then is cold water coming out of the hot faucet???
The water lines may be crossed under the sink????
If the cold water faucet starts cold and gets warmer, could be crossed lines at the water heater.

You said:
"I need to keep turning the hot water handel to keep the shower from cooling off."

I'm Asking:
Turn the handle which way??? Open more? Closed more? Which handle? Hot handle or cold handle??? Clearify.

You said:
"It seems to be working fine otherwise."
What is working fine otherwise? The water heater? Toilet? Sink? Shower? Clearify.

I'm Asking:
Is this a newly developed problem? A new house? Remodled house? New water tank? Recently repiped plumbing? Need more info and some history please.

You may not have a water heater problem here. You may have a plumbing problem and need to post your question, with more detailed and specific info in the "Plumbing" forum.

Chances are I may not be able to help you with a plumbing problem.

Regards & Good Luck
Forum Moderator
Tom_Bart
Energy Conservation Consultant & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: