Gas Oven Problem

Old 12-06-01, 08:30 PM
Visiting Guest
Exclamation Gas Oven Problem

I have a 1987 Kenmore Gas Oven (model 911-7359180). Last night I used the self clean mode for 3 hrs. It seemed to work fine. Today, neither the range nor the oven has gas. Didn't touch a thing after using the self-clean mode. I've checked all the shut-off valves, etc., but there is no gas now coming through either the range or oven. Any ideas?

Old 12-07-01, 02:01 PM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello Whit0371. Welcome to my Gas Appliances forum and the Do-It-Yourself Web Site.

Strange problem...

I doubt this problem has ever been addressed within this forum....

About the only suggestions I have to offer, is to check behind the stove or under the stove top, for a master reset button and also check the main gas feedline shutoff valve.

{The above mentioned shutoff valves are not those for the top burners or the oven.}

Suggestions:
Read the manufacturers online web site for product information, problem solving methods, disassembly instructions, repair proceedures, pictorials and schematics, may be available online.

Retail parts dealers are listed in the phone book under appliances and can also help determine what the possible problem may be. Bring the make, model and serial numbers when you stop in at the store.

Regards & Good Luck
Forum Moderator
Tom_Bart.....TCB4U2B2B Enterprises
Energy Conservation Consultant & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Old 12-07-01, 03:32 PM
Visiting Guest
fixed itself

Thanks for the speedy reply. Not sure what I did exactly, but after playing around with the shutoff valves and unplugging it for the night, it worked this morning. I won't argue with success, but it is a bit of a mystery. Thanks for your suggestions, Lynn.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: