Hot Point Gas Range

Old 02-03-02, 01:19 PM
Visiting Guest
Question Hot Point Gas Range

Hi,

I have a two year old Hot Point(GE) Gas range. Model number RGB745WEA2WW ...Self Cleaning.

I have a small amount of knowledge on the subject of self repair so please keep this in mind while I explain.

My Problem is the oven will not bake. The burners work and the broiler also but I cannot get the oven to bake. From what I've gathered it could be an igniter problem... Is this a project that I should attempt?

I'm the mother of 4 so I have to keep a close eye on my money and how I spend it. So if any one could help me to "Do it yourself" I'd be forever grateful.

Thank You,
Michele

Old 02-03-02, 06:24 PM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello Michele and Welcome to our Do It Yourself Web Site and my Gas Appliances forum.

With any first time basic Do-It-Yourself apppliance repair project and or task, a few hand tools are needed, safety procedures adhered to and minor mechanical skills required.

With that said, your the only person whom can make the decision to attempt the repair or not. However, in my personal opinion, the fact that you found our web site, inquired about the topic and requested information, leads me to believe your willing to at least attempt the task. Which deserves attention and assistance.

My first suggest would be to verify that all control panel settings and selections are set correctly and electrical power is supplied to the appliance.

If this is the case and the glow coil fails to glow, then I would suspect the glow coil is defective and needs to be replaced.

A hot glow coil, working correctly, will glow an intense bright yellow orange in color. Too much orange, any reddish color or a dull orange means the glow coil is weak. Replacing it should solve the problem.

To replace the coil, turn off or unplug the stove from the electrical power. Remove the lower panel within oven compartment, locate the glow coil and remove it using a screwdriver and or other tool required.

Take the part, make and model numbers of stove, to your local retail appliance parts store listed in the phone book for testing and replacement.

Install the replacement part exactly as you found and removed the orginal part. Then reverse the prior steps used to prepare for removing the defective part and retest the appliance.

If your require additional information, please use the REPLY button to add further questions to this orginal topic.

Suggestions:
Read the manufacturers online web site for product information, problem possibilities, causes and solving methods, part locations, disassembly, reassembly methods, repair proceedures and instructions, fuel type conversions, pictorials and schematics, which may be available online.

Read the RECENT postings & ARCHIVES, within this forum, for other postings on this topic and the replies offered.

Regards & Good Luck
Gas Appliances Forum Moderator
Tom_Bart........"Fast, Fair, Friendly & Highly Proficient"......
TCB4U2B2B.....Company Enterprises.
Energy Conservation Consulting Services & Gas Appliance Problem Diagnostics Technician Services.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: