Gas dryer problem

Old 02-10-02, 06:57 AM
nolanswift
Visiting Guest
Smile Gas dryer usually doesn't relite 2nd time in drying cycle

Tom

My gas dryer is 10 years old. It is a Maytag DG 9900 with a (computerized ?) control board.

Usually, when it is time to relite, it dosen't, unless I shut it down and, after a short while, restart it. Then, it usually restarts.
There is power going to the sensor. The sensor makes a noise when you shake it. It sounds like a small beebee inside. I did pull the flame (heat) sensor out from the housing around the flame. Taking the sensor out of the housing still has not solved the problem. Iam thinking it is one of the sensors on the exhast or the plastic looking sensor which sits further back on the flame housing?
I 'm not finding any parts people in Chicago to test my parts. Is it time to call the Maytag service person?
Thanks!

Nolan

Last edited by nolanswift; 02-10-02 at 07:27 AM.
Old 02-10-02, 10:35 AM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Hello nolanswift,
I would first check out my owners manual,if it is a computerized model it may have a self diagnostic feature in it.I would also do a visual of the circuit and or control board.I wouldn't be calling a repair man just yet,there are some very good trouble shooting books and or manuals out there.

Old 02-10-02, 06:32 PM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello: Nolan

Check your other posting on this topic. Reply is posted 4u there. If you require additional info, reply within only one posting so the forum can follow along and other professionals can reply also.

To add more information, please use the REPLY button. By doing so, the additional information you add will remain within this posting {Thread} and allow the professionals in this forum to follow the topic and reply with helpful advice and suggestions.

Thanks,
Forum Moderator
Tom_B

Old 02-12-02, 04:07 PM
nolanswift
Visiting Guest
Thanks Tom and A Brewer,

It was the solenoids on the gas valve.

Nolan

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title: