Appliance Maintenance

Old 02-25-02, 07:54 AM
spankyme1
Visiting Guest
keeping all gas appliance up,up & up!!

i justed moved into my new house. all appliance are gas. i need some info in how to keep them in good shape like cleaning them. also it's there any
universal stoves burners that i can relace the ones i got.. the flames are very low. the gas valve are wide open.
thanks!!

Old 02-25-02, 07:12 PM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello: spankyme1

The best forum to obtain cleaning info is in the cleaning forum. The professionals in that forum can offer you the best there is to know about cleaning. However, address one appliance at a time and the condition that needs cleaning.

In regards to the low burner flames, replacing the burners will not correct the problem. More gas into the burners will. You might try slightly opening the orifices more. A few turns should do it.

If not, it may be one of several conditions. Set burner input by the manufacturer that is not adjustable, a defective appliance gas regulator or gas input from the main supply.

Two of the above conditions need professional attention. The OEM set burner flame size is not adjustable.

Suggestions:
Read the manufacturers online web site for product information, problem possibilities, causes and solving methods, part locations, disassembly, reassembly methods, repair proceedures and instructions, fuel type conversions, pictorials and schematics, which may be available online.

An excellent source for orginal replacement parts is your local retail appliance parts store. Parts dealers are listed in the phone book under appliances. Retail parts dealers can also help determine what the possible problem may be. Bring the make, model and serial numbers if you stop in at the store. The info will help to determine the possible problem causes.

Regards & Good Luck
Gas Appliances Forum Moderator
Tom_Bart........"Fast, Fair, Friendly & Highly Proficient"......
TCB4U2B2B.....Company Enterprises.
Energy Conservation Consulting Services & Gas Appliance Problem Diagnostics Technician Services.

Old 02-26-02, 05:32 AM
spankyme1
Visiting Guest
thank you very much!!

Old 02-27-02, 09:01 AM
spankyme1
Visiting Guest
another Q. where are this orfices and how can i turn them up?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: