stove burners

Old 03-02-02, 12:12 PM
leela
Visiting Guest
stove burners

I have a newer model kenmore gas stove. Out of the four burners only two of them light. The other two will light only if lighted with a match. Can anyone help me out? Thanks

Old 03-02-02, 07:56 PM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello leela and Welcome to our Do It Yourself Web Site and my Gas Appliances forum.

If the sparkers are funtioning and the burners won't lite, chances are the burner holes and or ignition ports on the burner heads are clogged up with debris.

If this is the case, the flames will not burn completely around the entire circumference of the burner head. The holes which do not have flames are clogged up and need cleaning.

On stove top burners that have sparkers not visable at the burner head, have ignition ports. Ignition ports are tiny holes up one side of the burner head. If these holes are restricted, they must be cleared out.

Cleaning can be accomplished using one of three methods. Most commonly, a large sewing straight pin can be used. Do Not enlarge the ignition holes. Doing so will have adverse effects.

Soaking the burners in hot water and automatic dishwasher detergent for several hours, rinsing and drying or a combination of both methods for heavily soiled burners.

Since you did not mention why or what was causing the problem, I had to guess. If the information above is not the problem, you'll have to add more detailed info to this posting.

To do so, kindly use the REPLY button. The additional information you add will remain within this posting {Thread} and allow the other readers of this topic to follow the topic and allow me to post any further helpful advice and suggestions.

Regards & Good Luck
Gas Appliances Forum Moderator
Tom_Bart........"Fast, Fair, Friendly & Highly Proficient"......
TCB4U2B2B.....Company Enterprises.
Energy Conservation Consulting Services & Gas Appliance Problem Diagnostics Technician Services.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: