whirlpool oven fails to light

Old 03-08-02, 08:35 PM
graylord
Visiting Guest
whirlpool oven fails to light

Can't believe this is happening to me. This happens to be the second Whirlpool model sf377peg super 465 with the same symptoms. Top burners work great, but oven and broiler clicks but do not ignite after a few minutes try’s again. There is a flame but goes out when clicking stops. I say this is the second one because several months a go acquired from a warehouse but didn't have a warranty with it so I thought it was a bad unit. Today I purchase one from estate sale and it doesn’t look like it was ever turned on. I feel that this was a working unit and there is a problem with my install. I'm assuming that the igniter is just the spark gape and not a glow or flame. My question is what makes this type of oven stay lit (what is the feed back loop to the controller). I know about the switch on the regulator and it is set to ON. Like I say there is a few seconds of flame. Guess maybe it could be pressure but have furnace and another gas stove that work fine.
My wife thinks I bought another dud. (Tech by trade)

Old 03-09-02, 08:09 AM
graylord
Visiting Guest
Never mine fixed it myself. And this means that the first one I had must have been working too. Seems I didn't have a proper ground to the wall circuit that I was using. After checking out power and switching the white and black wires to the plug everything works fine.

Old 03-09-02, 10:28 AM
jeff1
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up

**Never mine fixed it myself. Seems I didn't have a proper ground to the wall circuit that I was using. After checking out power and switching the white and black wires to the plug everything works fine.**

Hi,

Good catch!!

Polarity...and a proper ground is important to the spark moduals and such.

jeff.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: