removing old gas wall oven

Old 04-10-02, 01:17 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
removing old gas wall oven

I need to remove a very old (40 ++ years in "retro" stainless-steel ) 24" gas wall oven (brand is unknown as the nameplate text is long faded and worn) and retro-fit and install a new 24" unit. Aside from shutting off the gas at the valve and disconnect the flex pipe (there is no ac on this oven) Is there any specific procedure for easy removal? Where are the mounting screws, brackets etc. typically? anything behind ? Thank!!!

Old 04-10-02, 07:45 PM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello: stnaxe

There may not be a positive method for removing an old built in oven. You need to "Look" closely for screws in the door jams and any other location you have access to externally. Externally also includes above the oven for an exhaust vent, etc and below the oven, in any draw, closet, access or false panel front beneath or above the appliance.

What do you mean by ac? If your useage of the letters ac means ac current, as in electrical power {certainly not as in A/C meaning air conditioning... } I do not know of an oven which did not have electrical power. All ovens I have seen have an ac power source.

Removal is a process of proceeding slowly, looking for securing items and attempting to slide the unit out carefully while looking for obstacles, etc. Also have a close place pre-setup to place the unit on. Ovens can be heavy and bulky to handle.

Regards & Good Luck
Gas Appliances Forum Moderator
Tom_Bart........"Fast, Fair, Friendly & Highly Proficient"......
TCB4U2B2B.....Company Enterprises.
Energy Conservation Consulting Services & Gas Appliance Problem Diagnostics and Technician Services.

Disclaimer:
Although I have spent many years in the natural gas industry, some appliance information and or diagnostic information provided is exclusively from memory and should prove to be highly accurate. Unless a "Senior Moment" is in progress at the moment of the writing...

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: