Power Venting Problem

Old 05-12-02, 03:36 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
gas water heater power vent blower

Trying to find info online about the 'Gulfstream Superflue' water heater. It has a power vent blower mounted on top and I find it (the blower) *really* noisy. I've only been in this house for about six weeks, and I thought I was getting used to it, but today it seems much noisier. When I first moved in, I had someone from the gas company come and check it out and he thought it was fine. If anyone else here has one of these, do you find it obnoxiously loud?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-02, 08:28 PM
Admin Emeritus
Received 5 Votes on 4 Posts
Hello: Kelly T.

I am not familar with that model. However, searching online by the brand name information should or may be available online.

Noise has a subjective meaning to each individual. Noise often does seem louder the quieter a room or area is. Therefore, during late evenings and or other quite times any noise sounds louder.

Noise is also created in several ways and methods. If the noise is a motor hum, the motor may be wearing out. If the noise is a vibration sound, check for loosened parts or vent pieces etc.

Make an attempt to isolate the noise during operation. paying close attention to the type of noise, it's general nature and location, may help to determine it's source.

If there isn't any apparent reasoning for the noise and depending upon what type of noise it is, replacing the motor and or motor assembly may resolve the problem.

Check with the local plumbing supply retail dealers {Not chain retail stores} for noise related problems with this specific brand. Call the manufacturers supplied customer service phone number.

Regards & Good Luck
Gas Appliances Forum Moderator
Tom_Bart...."Fast.....Fair.....Friendly & Highly Proficient".....
Accurate Power Equipment Company.....TCB4U2B2B
Energy Conservation Consultant & Natural Gas Appliance Problem Diagnostics Technician.
Please be advised that although I have spent years in the gas appliance industry, some appliance diagnostic information provided is exclusively from memory....

Old 05-13-02, 04:17 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the reply Tom. I've searched extensively online and haven't come up with anything. The annoying thing is that this heater is a rental unit, but the Gas Co says it's still okay, so I'm apparently stuck with it until its 10-year term is over with (next year).