Gas Grill Safety and Clearances

Old 06-16-02, 07:22 AM
ratherbecanoing
Visiting Guest
Gas Grill Safety and Clearances

Not sure if this belongs in this forum, or safety, or outdoor living, so I'll start it here. Feel free to move it if it belongs in anothyer forum.

I have a self-contained gas grill (propane tank and wheels). I would like to use it a little closer to the house and back door, but want to be smart about it.

Any recommendations on clearance/distance between any aluminium siding and the unit? I'm assuming their must be some standard, industry-wide distance.

Old 06-16-02, 08:53 AM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello ratherbecanoing. Welcome to my Gas Appliances forum.

Like the screen name. I would rather be boating...LOL...

Your safety consideration issue is note worthy. If you still have the orginal owners manual, refer to it for specific instructions. And also consider your personal feelings. Often termed "Gut Feelings"

Considering the vast amounts of heat that can be generated by bbq's, it would be wise to allow several inches between the unit and any surrounding surfaces.

Since your house has siding, consider the fact that you would not be aware of any excessive heat buildup behind the siding. Repeated heatings of the structure behind the siding can cause dangers which are not visable to you and can become distructive.

Your instincts should be your guide in situations such as this. it's always best to error on the side of safety and caution, then to wish you had after the fact.

Old 06-16-02, 09:40 AM
Married only to a house!
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Something else to consider is the stains which WILL be left from the smoke.

Old 06-16-02, 12:08 PM
ratherbecanoing
Visiting Guest
Thanks

Dear Tom and Ray,

Thanks to both of you for your help. Good insights and cautions all the way around.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: