Instantaneous Water Heater

Old 07-06-02, 07:22 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question Instant water heater installation

I am replacing my reservoir water heater with an instant water heater (Aquastar 240 natural gas model) in my basement. Any hints / advice for installation beyond the generic instructions that comes with it? There is an existing 6" exhaust / vent.

Old 07-06-02, 08:06 PM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello: boonjh

I would highly suggest you inquire about the local codes in you area prior to installation. Rules and codes may vary form area to are, so I could not advise you on that type of subject matter.

However, do follow all the manufacturers instructions pertaining to proper and safe installation. Doing so would maintain the warranty and insure safe operation.

The existing flue venting system may be perfectly fine to use but be sure it also meets current codes. Also be perfectly sure the unit vents properly & correctly.

Also be sure the existing fresh air intake and existing ventilation to the room is satisfactory for the new unit. There may be some modifcations required to each or both depending upon the requirements of the new unit over those of the old tank type unit.

Another wise choice is to have the gas supplier and or a licensed plumber inspect the unit for proper and safe operations on the initial fireup. Failure to do so may pose a danger your not aware of.

Regards & Good Luck
Gas Appliances Forum Moderator
Tom_Bart.....Company Enterprises.....TCB4U2B2B
Energy Conservation Consultant & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: