Gas dryer smell only when on

Old 07-09-02, 02:24 PM
jimvdp
Visiting Guest
Unhappy Gas dryer smell only when on

My problem is when I start my Kenmore gas dryer, I am getting a gas smell. This smell is only when the dryer is running. The glow coil ignitor glows the gas ignites and burns. The flames do seem to be somewhat yellow. Do I need to clean the burner? The rest of the dryer and vent is clean! Only thing that is different is I refinished my hardwood floors thi spast weekend. I did check it this morning (Tuesday- finshed last coat Sunday early pm) and it still smelled. Any help-suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Old 07-09-02, 02:46 PM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Hey,
Give it a thorough cleaning and then check it out.If that doesn't work then try adjusting the air flow until the yellow tipping dissapears.

Old 07-09-02, 06:04 PM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello jimvdp. Welcome to my Gas Appliances forum and our Do-It-Yourself Web Site.

The kerosene odor is nothing to worry about. It's a common problem and is the result of the petroleum based hardwood floor product used in the home.

Any product that contains a flammable solvent or oil based product will do this. Once the floor finishing product is thoughly dried and cured, the vapors will vanish and the problem will also.

Best thing to do is ventilate the house as best as possible.

Once the drying cycle is completed, set the control to AIR FLUFF for ten minutes. This will clear the odor from the clothes. Don't 4get to switch the control back to the regularly used dry setting when done.

The condition is not a result of any malfunction of the dryer.

Regards & Good Luck
TCB4U2B2B.....Company Enterprises
Tom_Bartco....."Fast.....Fair.....Friendly & Highly Proficient".....
Gas Appliances Forum Moderator
Energy Conservation Consultant & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: