Natural Gas BBQ Grills

Old 07-21-02, 05:52 PM
Rae
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question Natural Gas BBQ Grills

I am rebuilding my deck and thought I might like to plumb it for a natural gas grill. If this goes, I will have the orfice placed by my plumbing/heating company before to much wood is in the way. The deck shares a wall with my inside gas fireplace so the piping will be a short run from where he might tee the pipe. My gas utility won't give suggestions or recommend any contractors. Can anyone who has a natural gas grill setup tell me particulars. Will I like it better than propane? What are the pros and cons of having this done? Can I convert my fairly new propane grill over to natural gas? Does the cost of the new natural gas grill and installation justify simple family gatherings. Thanks to all.

Old 07-21-02, 08:01 PM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello: Rae

Converting your existing propane bbq to natural gas is simple.
Parts required are replacement orifices, a natural gas regulator, gas flex hose, a natural gas supply pipe and a shut-off valve to be installed on the end of the pipe.

All the required conversion parts are available at any local appliance retail parts store, regardless of bbq brand. Simply write down the make, model and btu rating and visit the appliance store.

Since the natural gas supply pipe will be outdoors, this too can be a Do-It-Yourself task. Simply visit any privately owned and operated local hardware store. Take the measurements, pipe fittings list and bring them with you.

After installing the gas supply piping with shut-off valve installed and gas on, soap test all fittings for gas leaks. Then attach the flex hose to the shut-off valve on the gas supply pipe and the other end of the hose to the bbq, per instructions.

Fire-up the bbq, test it. Drive to local market, purchase the steaks and start bbqing...
BTW: Buy me a steak too, call, I'll be right over....

Regards & Good Luck
TCB4U2B2B Company Enterprises.....
Fast...Fair...Friendly & Highly Proficient...
Web Site Host & Gas Appliances Forum Moderator
Energy Conservation Consultant & Gas Appliance Problem Diagnostics Technician.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: