Melting in GA Without AC

Old 07-27-02, 09:12 AM
Greenier
Visiting Guest
Question Melting in GA Without AC

My wife(who is 8 months pregnant and melting) are having a problem with our central air. The house was not too cool this week, and the repairman came and indicated that it needed freon. Once this was complete, the house was nice and cool again. Two days later however, we have gone from bad to aweful. There is no cold air coming out at all, and we are slowly melting with each passing minute. The outside unit is coming on, and appears to be ok. The attic also appears to be coming on, as we can also hear that when it kicks on. Are there any sugesstions of what we can look for/try out, as the repair guy is not coming until Monday afternoon. I did replace the capicitor, and this didn't make any difference. Thanks for any advice.....

Old 07-27-02, 02:21 PM
bigjohn
Visiting Guest
Most likely the refrigerant has leaked down again. How about a couple nights in a nice air conditioned room at a local hotel? Your lady will be much more comfortable and she'll think you're the greatest guy in the world for coming up with such an idea.

Old 07-27-02, 02:52 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
where

in georgia are you?

Old 07-27-02, 05:32 PM
Greenier
Visiting Guest
We are actually staying with a friend at night, so takes care of the hotel thing.. I am in Roswell....

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: