Lines freezing - clarify please on previos post

Old 08-12-02, 07:16 PM
Raceluvr
Visiting Guest
Lines freezing - clarify please on previos post

I read the follwing post, and share the same issue.

http://forum.doityourself.com/showth...hreadid=101276

Can you please clarify the coils you speak of - are they the coils inside the FA unit, or the AC unit? I would think you spoke of the FA coils, since turning on the fan would in fact, defrost them.

I believe my freezing was caused by dirty filters (we have three big dogs), which I cleaned this morning, finding they were restricted fairly well. I didnt think to look at the lines when I cleaned the filters, I probably would have seen they were iced up.

I have followed the advice in the previous post, and the lines are defrosting, and the condensation line is draining well to the outside. Once it stops, I will crank it up and see what happens.

BTW - great forum! I had a feeling what was wrong and what I needed to do to stop it, but these forums made it much easier!

Thank You!

Old 08-12-02, 07:24 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
the coil

you are looking for is in the indoor section at the terminatrion of the refrigerant lines. also check your blower wheel.

Old 08-13-02, 06:25 AM
Raceluvr
Visiting Guest
Many Thanks!

Thank you for the quick response - after defrosting the lines and the coil, it is working like a charm. I made a huge note to remind myself to clean the filters more often, and then stapled it to my forehead. <ouch>

Thanks again ~

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: