A/C blows warm air

Old 08-12-02, 11:13 PM
Connie o
Visiting Guest
A/C blows warm air

I have a Trane indoor unit which will blow cold air for a couple of hours then warm air. I remember the A/C guy saying last year something about the little pump sitting on the floor right next to the unit having something to do with why the air was coming out warm. He said to keep it level which is the first thing I tried this time but it didn't seem to do anything. Then I picked up the pump and turned it upside down to empty the condensed water out of it and the pump turned on. I had to empty the pump a couple of more times and finally took the top off to see if something wasn't working properly. I didn't see anything wrong but now the pump seems to be working and I have cold air again. Do I need a new pump unit or can this one be fixed?

Old 08-13-02, 08:32 AM
lynn comstock
Visiting Guest
1) It could be a coincidence.

2) It could be that the condensate pump assembly has 2 swithces. At the lowest level a switch activates the pump to drain the container. At a higher level the 2nd switch would turn off the AC to keep more water from forming and overflowing the container.

3) The key here is water level. You might be able to test the float mechanism with the cooling running to see raising the float to its highest position turns off the AC.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: