fan outside running/fan inside not running a/c

Old 08-13-02, 11:59 AM
jvlellis23
Visiting Guest
Angry fan outside running/fan inside not running a/c

My upstairs fan inside will not come on. I was running the unit last night. The outside unit fan is running. It is not blowing. I can hear it running upstairs. Hope it is just a relay switch gone bad. Can I check and how do I go about checking the relay switch? Could there be another problem?

Old 08-13-02, 05:27 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
which fan is running?

if it is the indoor you hear running upstairs, yet no airflow, your coil may be frozen. if it not running at all it may be the relay, cap or motor. give us some more details

Old 08-17-02, 11:32 AM
jvlellis23
Visiting Guest
unit running outside, fan not running upstairs

I think the coil must have been frozen. I left it off for a couple hours and then the water was pouring out of the attic piping onto my deck at the back. It has been cooling but continues to drip constantly. What do I need to do?

Old 08-18-02, 11:40 AM
ahasbeen
Visiting Guest
You still haven't given us much info to work with but I suppose we can now assume your indoor fan does run, and that the coil was frozen, and you're getting cooling but the problem now is water dripping. Right so far? Look for a dirty filter, plugged up coil or closed off registers, all of which will reduce air flow across the coil and cause excessive moisture. Your drain pan or drain line could be plugged up. Too, maybe you've got ice buidup at the bottom of the coil causing the water drip, in which case you could be short of refrigerant, and in need of an HVAC tech.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: