Gas Pipe Moving

Old 08-17-02, 05:38 AM
nigel
Visiting Guest
Gas Pipe Moving

I recently studded out my basement, and need to move a line of flexible gas piping behind the sofits. I will need to add about 12" of line to enable me to bend it behind the sofit.

I have the flexible extension I bought on the www.

Two quotes for this job are both close to $350!!! This seems like a 15 minute job, but $350 is nuts. Can a DIY'r do it, or is gas related stuff a job strictly for pro's.

thx

Old 08-17-02, 07:41 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
For the pro's. Plumbing water lines and drains usually won't destroy a house if you make a mistake. Gas will!

You have many code issues involved along with insurance problems if you do the work and something happens. It really is more involved than you think.

I would get a 3rd estimate.

Probably not what you want to hear, but is what I think.

Old 08-18-02, 12:23 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
gas line

do not mess with it, i agree that in some cases it is best to let the pros handle it. although it is not such a big deal, even a small leak will eventually fill that cavity with gas, then you have an extremely dangerous situation. what ever you end up doing, make sure there is access to the joints, if you use sheetrock, you will need an access panel. typically gas flex connectors are not used in the gasline except for terminations at appliances. probably code, not sure. be safe, get a pro.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: