Air Duct Fans

Old 08-18-02, 12:07 PM
Granite
Visiting Guest
Air Duct Fans

My house is about 2500 sq ft with an upstairs and downstairs. I have only one unit for both floors. The problem I have is the upstairs is 5-10 hotter in the summer. Other than installing a second unit, what can I do. Some said I could install duct fans that would pull the air upstairs and be cheaper. Any thoughts or ideas out there? My wife is killing on this one. I need some help quick!...lol

Thanks,

Granite

Old 08-18-02, 12:35 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
in my experience

those duct booster fans do not work. possibly re-routing the duct take off going to the upstairs to maximize airflow will help, make sure fan is in high speed, and installing volume dampers also may help. these are flat round pieces of metal the diameter of the duct with a handle that protrudes out of the duct. when closed, the metal blanks off the airflow, and is adjustable. there was an excellent post a month or 2 ago concerning this problem.

Old 08-18-02, 03:51 PM
Granite
Visiting Guest
HVAC,

Thanks for the reply. The dampers are out because I can't get to the duct to install. I have a question about the fan, should it not be set from the factory. What do I need to look for.

Thanks

Old 08-18-02, 07:47 PM
rclhvac
Visiting Guest
Try putting your thermostat fan setting to on. This will keep the house air circultating & mix the air from the 2 floorsJust remember to set it back to auto when done with the a/c. 5-10 degrees is not bad for your system. I've seen 15 -20 on some jos.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: