Problems with Weil-McLain steam boiler (model #EG 35-PI)

Old 08-20-02, 09:55 AM
eking
Visiting Guest
Problems with Weil-McLain steam boiler (model #EG 35-PI)

My husband and I live in a townhouse that is heated by a Weil-McLain steam boiler (model #EG 35-PI). Our problem is that we do not know if the boiler has a leak/is damaged and would appreciate your guidance.

For the last two-spring/summer periods when the boiler no longer fires, we have sporadically found puddles of water on the floor beneath the boiler. During the winter season, when the boiler fires, no water puddles are noticeable.

The first spring/summer period we noticed this, I thought it was condensation from the boiler’s water tank or rain coming down the chimney. However, at the end of this winter season my husband noticed the water tank was low and filled the water tank. Each time, it seemed that after he filled the tank water puddles appeared more frequently (than compared to when he did not fill the tank) and that the water level gauge showed the water level in the tank declined.

On the one hand, it would seem that if there is a leak, water would leak during all seasons, on the other hand, the fact that the water level declined after the tank was filled seems to indicate there is a leak.

Please let me know how to determine what the problem is with the boiler

Thank you.
EKing

Old 02-10-15, 06:27 AM
B
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did you ever find out what was wrong with your boiler and did you fix it, because I have the same one with the same problem?

Old 02-10-15, 06:37 AM
F
Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts
You have posted to a 12 year old thread. Please start a new thread and include the details of your problem.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: