Gas heater for apartment?

Old 09-02-02, 05:06 AM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Gas heater for apartment?

Hi,
I live in Mass,and Iam looking at buying a three family home for an investment.The home currently has a gas furnace (forced hot water radiators) for the first floor,and both 2nd floor apts have gas burning space type heaters.probably 3ftx2ft in size.The tennents claim they heat good.One is appox 45 yrs old and looks
to be in excellent cond.The apts in the city we look at,these type of heaters are very common.
My question is,how much are these type of units to replace in cost,and how long do they last??
Also 1 of the hot water heaters (gas) needs to be replaced also its very old. I think its a 30gal.Any ideas on cost including labor?
Thanks.

Old 09-02-02, 09:10 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
rplacement cost for a 30 gal gas H2O htr in atlanta is 500 to 700. check codes to sww if expansion tank has to be installed. call home depot, they have subs that do this, generally good plumbers, as home depot has standards. this applies to my experience in atlanta, not sure about where you are. those space heaters, as we call them, run a couple hundred, no more than 500 i would think, depends on capacity, whether or not it is vented, or have a fan. with those units as old as they are be sure to have them checked for CO leaks if you do not replace, we don't want to read about you in the paper. happy labor day

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: