blower will not shut off. please help!

Old 09-02-02, 11:45 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
blower will not shut off. please help!

My blower motor on my Janitrol GMP075-3 central air unit will not turn off unless I throw the emergency switch on the unit. I replaced the thermostat and the problem still persists. What can I do? Is there something I can check or change myself?

Thanks for the help.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-02, 12:13 PM
fan problem

if you already changed the stat, unhook the green wire at the furnace. if the fan stops, bad wire. if not, bad control relay, probably on the circuit board. am familiar with this unit, and i would expect to find the board bad. how old is it? it may be ubder warranty. happy labor day

Old 09-02-02, 12:21 PM
Nominal
Visiting Guest
I have not keep up with GMC products. (Goodman-who manufactures Janitrol). I can assume that the model number is a furance on the inside. If this is true, then you could have a stuck fan relay, or even a faulty 90 sec delay circuit board causing the fan to run continuously. However, did u check to make sure the fan was not in the "on" position at the t-stat. Does the condenser (outside unit) cycle on and off. Is the unit keeping the house at desired temperature? If so, then something is causing fan to stick on. In the furnance, if it is color coded correctly. The green wire from the t-stat operates the fan. What color wire is on the "G" terminal at t-stat. Find that wire in furance and take it loose. Make sure it is going to either the "G" terminal, or a green wire with a wire nut. Sometimes the wire will be a different color in the furnance, but will have a "G" tag label to mark the wire. IF when wire is remove, the fan continues to run, the problem is in the furnance. ie.. relay or circuit board. If not, hook wire back together. If fan starts, then it could be the t-stat mis-wired or a short in the low voltage wire from t-stat to furnace.

Old 09-04-02, 06:36 PM
no shorts in the system. wiring and t-stat ok.

must be the relay. do i have to change the entire board? the unit is 6 years old. would that still be warranteed?

if not, is there an online site i can order from?

thanks.