should I buy a Goodman furbace and AC??

Old 09-07-02, 10:07 AM
mgazer
Visiting Guest
Question should I buy a Goodman furbace and AC??

I need to replace both my AC and furnace and have been shown the Goodman line of products...The furnace is a 90,000 BTU mid-eff unit and the AC is a 2-ton, 10 SEER unit.

I have been quoted $1,400 CDN ($900US) including install for each unit... I have looked at tons of other brands (Carrier,Lennox,Trane,Aire-Flo,Keeprite) and these prices are definitely the most competitive...It is being quoted by a reputable HVAC company with 24-hr technicians on call.

Questions:

1. Are Goodman products any good??? They seem to have good warranties (Furnace - 5yr parts,10 yrs exchangeer, AC- 5 yr parts, 20 yrs condenser)

2. Should I spend the extra $300 for a 2-stage furnace vs a 1-stage... I won't be in this house more than 10 yrs so I want to keep my costs down.

Thanks,
MG

Old 09-07-02, 11:50 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
goodman products

are the least expensive units in this area, and are not a reliable long term as other brands. i have nothing against the goodmanm unit if you are looking for a low end replacement and do not plan to live there longer than 7 or 8 years. not to say you will have a failure, but have seen very many. if the installer is reputabile, will service the unit under warranty, and you see the savings upfront on the cheaper install cost, go for it. beware, the circuit board in the 80% furnace, capacitor in the outdoor unit and outside fan motors are likely to fail within your 10 year window. this is from my experience in the field here in atlanta. other posters may prefer goodman to others, but we will all agree that a proper install is more important than brand in most cases.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: