AC refrigerant lines removal

Old 09-08-02, 10:26 AM
vincepa
Visiting Guest
AC refrigerant lines removal

Hi, I am cleaning the ducts and plenum in the crawling space, and to access the plenum, I need to remove the evaporator part of the A/C. Can I easily remove the two lines that connect it to the condenser? The coupling is special, and I'd rather avoid messing up with the refrigerant. Thanks for any advice.

Vince

Old 09-08-02, 10:38 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Re: AC refrigerant lines removal

Originally posted by vincepa

Hi, I am cleaning the ducts and plenum in the crawling space, and to access the plenum, I need to remove the evaporator part of the A/C. Can I easily remove the two lines that connect it to the condenser? The coupling is special, and I'd rather avoid messing up with the refrigerant. Thanks for any advice.

Vince
"NO DONT"If you did you will have to rework your whole ac set up. We just cut a hole in the plenum and clean out what we have to then bend up a patch about 2" bigger than the hole and put it on . ED

Old 09-08-02, 04:16 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
do not

mess with the refrigerant system. period. you will spend several hundred dollars to correct the problems you cause. follow ed's advice

Old 09-08-02, 08:59 PM
vincepa
Visiting Guest
Smile Thanks...

..for the advices. I will stay away from the refrigerant!

BTW, as I am cleaning the blower, would you advise against using a wire brush (gently) or a tooth brush? I've seen your recommandation on using a cleaning solution, but I tend to believe that scrubbing usually works better than spraying.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: