A/C Condensor and Blower working but blowing hot air, need help

Old 09-08-02, 03:20 PM
zekejr
Visiting Guest
A/C Condensor and Blower working but blowing hot air, need help

Hello,

A/C Condensor and Blower working but blowing hot air and not cold, need help. I have kept the filter changed regularly. Checked the inside freon line and it was neither hot nor cold. The blower is indoors and the condensing unit/compressor is outdoors. I checked the coils and they are 90% clean. It's a Carrier model 40AQ036300BB / HEATRIX model HXOB. I believe this is considered a heat pump system. We have a couple of small children and live in Florida, if you can expedite the response, I would surely appreciate it. What kind of diagnostics can I go through to find the problem?

Thanks,
Zekejr

Last edited by zekejr; 09-08-02 at 03:52 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-02, 04:20 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
sounds like

you are saying you have a split system, both components running, but no cool. can you determine if the compressor is running? 3 ton carrier, how old? do you have a meter?

Old 09-08-02, 04:32 PM
zekejr
Visiting Guest
Not sure how to tell if compressor is running. Yes I have a meter but not real sure how to use it in this scenario! It's about 16 years old. I replaced the compressor about 7 years ago. What can I meter? How can I tell if the compressor is out?

Also remembered I have freon gauges I bought for my car years ago, don't know if they are universal for house split systems.

Thanks,
Zekejr

Last edited by zekejr; 09-08-02 at 07:08 PM.
Old 09-09-02, 01:02 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by zekejr
Not sure how to tell if compressor is running. Yes I have a meter but not real sure how to use it in this scenario! It's about 16 years old. I replaced the compressor about 7 years ago. What can I meter? How can I tell if the compressor is out?

Also remembered I have freon gauges I bought for my car years ago, don't know if they are universal for house split systems.

Thanks,
Zekejr
Yes the freon gauges will work on it .But dont put them on if you are not EPA.C to work on AC units.How about an amprobe if you have one put it around one at a time the wires going to the compressor on a start up and see if you read anything. also put your hand on the comp. when it starts. does it feel hot? ED