heating registers (wall mounted)

Old 09-17-02, 11:48 PM
ivgid
Visiting Guest
Question heating registers (wall mounted)

I have a 1927 tudor style home. Several owners ago, some of the heating registers in the dining room and bedroom were replaced. The replacements are aluminum (i think) and look way out of place. I believe that the original registers were black cast iron but am not sure.

Anyway, I liked to replace the 'replaced' registers with something that would better match the home. I was thinking of black cast iron but am having trouble finding sizes that will fit.

Does anyone know a good website or catalog company that offers a wide selection of registers? Also, any guess as to what the original registers may have been?

Thanks in advance for any advice that's offered.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-02, 07:48 PM
bigjohn
Visiting Guest
Hart and Cooley [www.hartandcooley.com] makes a line that has a retro look. [I can't think of a better word right now] I don't remember the prduct line name they use but it should on their website.

Old 09-30-02, 08:32 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
cast iron registers

I am remodeling a 1900 house and have removed the cold air returns and all the registers and yes they are cast iron. I think I have six to eight. You are welcome to them if you can figure out how to get them. They are heavy and would be a small fortune to ship. You might want to try your local junk dealer.

Old 10-01-02, 06:23 PM
ivgid
Visiting Guest
Smile

I might be interested in those registers. You're not close to the SF Bay Area by any chance are you? It might be worthwhile to ship them if they are the right size. Could you email me a picture of the registers you removed?

Old 10-03-02, 06:42 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
cast iron registers

The small heat registers are 12 by 14 and the two large cold air returns are 23 by 29. I will try to get a picture and email it. Unfortunately, I'm in Iowa.