HVAC coil replacement

Old 09-20-02, 10:58 AM
smithdon777
Visiting Guest
HVAC coil replacement

How much should I expect to pay for complete replacement of the A-coil in my HVAC unit. The unit services an 1750sq' condo, not sure on units spec and all though?

Old 09-20-02, 11:03 AM
Jersey Devil
Visiting Guest
Re: HVAC coil replacement

Originally posted by smithdon777
How much should I expect to pay for complete replacement of the A-coil in my HVAC unit. The unit services an 1750sq' condo, not sure on units spec and all though?

Need more infornation. Exterior coil, interior coil. I don';t know if this forum allows price quotes.

Old 09-20-02, 06:02 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
many factors involved

tonnage (capacity), metering device (expansion valve or fixed), location (easier access, lower price), where you liuve (i can only refrence my location) and time of year. not trying to confuse you, but rather explain why you could get many different figures on this forum. i assume you are referring to the evap coil, on the inside of the house. in atlanta a standard evap coil replacement withe fixed metering roughly 2 to 3 ton (which i assume you have) upflow configuration, would run $500 to $750, this is ball park only. if this is an airhandler for a heat pump, much higher, as you may consider replacing the airhandler itself. call several companiers in your area, quotes are free.

Old 10-05-02, 03:45 PM
fjburciaga
Visiting Guest
A-Coil-4Ton Unit

I just replaced mine and it was $800 make sure the techs clean the coils and flush the line before they recharge it with coolent or they will be back.........

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: