New Oil Burning stove

Old 09-23-02, 01:20 PM
clb2000
Visiting Guest
New Oil Burning stove

I have an oil furnace that has been giving me nightmares and have decided to install a free standing "Nestor Martin" heater. I have put the necessary liner in the chimney and all that stuff now I'm ready to hook up the fuel. My question is. Is there a way to branch off of the existing line to the furnace and therefore be able to operate both units at the same time? The furnace has a pump to draw fuel, the new one is gravity fed.

Old 09-23-02, 01:56 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Re: New Oil Burning stove

Originally posted by clb2000
I have an oil furnace that has been giving me nightmares and have decided to install a free standing "Nestor Martin" heater. I have put the necessary liner in the chimney and all that stuff now I'm ready to hook up the fuel. My question is. Is there a way to branch off of the existing line to the furnace and therefore be able to operate both units at the same time? The furnace has a pump to draw fuel, the new one is gravity fed.
Not that i know of.The gun oil burner has a pump that puts out 100 psi if set right. It would suck back from the pot burner line if you had a T in the line.The other way it can be done if the tank is set right.Come off the bottom of the tank for the pot burner by gravity.Then make the oil burner pump a two stage one .Take and run your lines from the pump into the top of the tank with the intake line just off the bottom of the tank. Put a filter by the pump on the oil burner. What did the oil furnace do?? Another thing i think with the pot burner you will have to buy #1 oil for it and with the gun you get by with #2 and #3 if you can find it
ED

Old 09-24-02, 05:21 AM
clb2000
Visiting Guest
Thanks Ed. I may just install another tank. It looks like more of a headache to to all the two stage pump stuff. Not that I'm tryin' to get out of work and the challenge is there, but your observation about #1 #2 and #3 fuel is well taken so another tank would take care of that.

The furnace just quits after a while. I have replaced every part on it and done the isolation thing for all of the electronic parts and still can't find a problem. I have used it a couple of times this year already and it has workrd fine, but I'm waiting for the other foot to fall and have it quit in the cold times. I think it is probably a short that only occurs occasionaly and is going to be hard to find.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: