Pressure gauge on Burnham boiler

Old 09-25-02, 03:43 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Pressure gauge on Burnham boiler

I have a Burnham gas boiler for a hot water system. It's about 20 years old and works just fine but the water pressure/temp gauge has quit working. My questions are:
1) Can I get a replacement gauge? Where?
2) How difficult is it to replace?
3) Would it make more sense or be easier to buy a "generic" gauge and have it installed on one of the inlet or outlet pipes?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Old 09-26-02, 05:28 AM
notuboo's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Kansas City MO
Posts: 1,780
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Companies such as Johnstone, Grainger sell these gauges. There are more than several manufactures of gauges with a wide price difference for every gauge.
Not hard to replace at all with regular steamfitter tools.

You want a gauge back where the manufacturer installed it. You could place additional gauges in the locations you mentioned if provisions are in place for a gauge.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: