multiple zones with heat pump

Old 10-02-02, 07:46 AM
karenp
Visiting Guest
multiple zones with heat pump

We are building a 2400 sq ft 2 story house and want to have two heating/ac zones (upstairs/downstairs). Our builder wants to install two furnaces, but we thought one unit could handle two zones, especially for a small house. Could I get some opinions from you all? (Note: We're building in Greensboro, NC - mild, but 4 season area). Thanks!

Old 10-02-02, 09:16 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Re: multiple zones with heat pump

Originally posted by karenp
We are building a 2400 sq ft 2 story house and want to have two heating/ac zones (upstairs/downstairs). Our builder wants to install two furnaces, but we thought one unit could handle two zones, especially for a small house. Could I get some opinions from you all? (Note: We're building in Greensboro, NC - mild, but 4 season area). Thanks!
With not seeing the plans its hard to say for sure.But 2400sq ft that just 1200 up and 1200 down I take. I would go with just one unit that had a duct set up for up and down with good balance dampers in the duct workthat you can change for heat to cool.You also want some cold air returns from up and down. If this is 4800 tot.I'd go with the 2 units. ED

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: