Water from Overflow Line

Old 10-03-02, 01:40 PM
fjburciaga
Visiting Guest
Angry Water from Overflow Line

Folks,

Had some problems with AC unit, called it in and it turned out to be a rupture in the Evap Coil and had it replaced (ouch, 800 bucks). Then 3 days later, house felt warm again not hot because I could feel the cool air just felt weak. After I told them to make sure they flush the line, they came and turned out that there was gonk and there was new filter on one end and not the other. Now, Im fighting that battle over billing which should have been dealt with the first time they came (another 225 bucks).

Now, the new problem. As I was talking my trash out last night, I noticed that there was water escaping from the Overflow PVC which is outside droping from above the AC unit. So, I go and check upstairs and sure enough the pan is collecting water because the PVC that is attached to sewer line is not taking the water like its suppose to....Then I noticed that when they installed the new Coil they rerouted the PVC to the sewer line and put a "U" shape type setup on the PVC. My guess is that the water just sits there and doenst have enough weight to go back up and go downwards to the sewer and goes out into the pan making its way outside.

Any suggestions??? You folks know how it is, if you want it done right you have to do it yourself. What I want to is simply take out the "U" put in a stright segment PVC. Any suggestions or ideas?

Thanks in advance.......

Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-02, 05:10 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
removing trap

the trap is in place so that sewer gas will not enter the airstream. not very effective in the winter when the trap is dry in my opinion. if the coil is before the fan, negative pressure will cause it not to drain without a trap. either way, i would get it out of the sewer line.