Rheem Wont Ignite

Old 10-11-02, 06:19 AM
aashby
Visiting Guest
Question Rheem Wont Ignite

Rheem Gas Furnance (Classic 90?)

Model: RGRA-07EMAES
Ser: DC5D702 F3094 2868

Furance worked last winter but now will not ignite. The induced draft motor starts, the gas valve opens (I think, can hear a click), but the ignitor does not get hot. I have followed the troublesooting steps in the manual and believe the problem is either:

1. The air proving switch
2. The igniter

But the manual does not tell how to test them. In fact, I am not sure where the air proving switch is located. Can anyone help?

Old 10-11-02, 10:11 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
if the gas valve is

opening, or clicking, the proving switch (disc shaped in part upper portion of the furnace with tube attached) is working since in the sequence of operation, the pressure (air proving) switch must be made before the valve energizes. see if your ignitor is getting voltage, i believe that model has a plug on the wires leading to it, disconnect and look for 120 volts coming from the board. if you have it, replace the ignitor. this is a common problem, and symptoms are exactly as you describe

Old 10-12-02, 04:18 AM
aashby
Visiting Guest
Thanks!

I will test the voltage today. I assume I should only have voltage when the ignitor is in it's start-up sequence?

Old 10-12-02, 12:11 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb

While your checking voltage, check continuity on the igniter. If it reads open then change it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: