Recon on Robertshaw 9620

Old 10-12-02, 12:12 AM
Calley
Visiting Guest
Recon on Robertshaw 9620

Hello Everyone, can any of you give me a Thumbs up or Down on the RobertShaw 9620? Our HVAC guy just replaced our Groovy Backlit Thermostat with the 9620 and we wanted to make sure it was a decent unit.
Thanks in Advance

Old 10-12-02, 12:19 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
We used to sell Robertshaw at my place and have since moved to ICM.

Robertshaw is still pretty good and has a 5 year warranty.

I'd say thumbs up. But you also could have gotten a backlit like a 9720.

Old 10-12-02, 06:19 PM
Calley
Visiting Guest
Change to ICM?

Did your change to ICM have anything to do with the quality (or lack thereof) of RObertshaw?

Old 10-12-02, 07:25 PM
No, ICM can do the same thing only cheaper. Robershaw actually bought out Maple Chase and made the same t-stat with the Robertshaw name on it.

I really wouldn't worry about it unless you have a problem. 9620 has a built in 5 minute time delay to protect your system and is very reliable. Don't sweat it Calley.

After all a t-stat is nothing more than a switch in the first place. Glorified in some cases.

Old 10-13-02, 02:51 PM
Calley
Visiting Guest
Smile What, me worry??

I trust the guy that put it in. My main problem right now is the aesthetics of the situation. He had originally installed a Totaline P-374-1100 that my wife liked a lot but then he swapped it out for the Robertshaw. He said he swapped it because of a bunch of bad reports on the Totaline. We spent 2 hours on Saturday night searching for these 'bad reviews" on the Totaline online but didn't find anything, so I am having to listen to complaining about how it looks while I should be watching Football.

Old 10-14-02, 09:12 PM
Calley
Visiting Guest
Totaline Thermostats.

Does nayone know of any widespread problems with the Totaline P-374-100 Thermostat?
Thanks

Old 10-15-02, 03:29 PM
Total line is a division of Carrier. I haven't heard any bad thinks about them. A t-stat is really just a collection of "smart" switches any way.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: