Heat Pump Continues to Run

Old 10-12-02, 01:30 PM
clawso1
Visiting Guest
Heat Pump Continues to Run

Hi, I have a heat pump and I think the thermostat or the board (On the Heat Pump Circuit Panel) may be bad, because at times it continues to run even though I set the controls to the cool/heat to the OFF position, and the fan to the AUTOMATIC position and it still continues run!

Also, while the controls were in the COOL position and fan in the AUTO position, the fan in the attic wouldn't run until I put it in the CONTINUOUS RUN position! If I would turn the master circuit to the unit to OFF and then turned it back on again after five (5) minuets the heat pump outside would run, but the fan in the unit in the attic wouldn't run unless I put it in the CONTINUOUS RUN position and it would cool just fine.

Last edited by clawso1; 10-12-02 at 07:35 PM.
Old 10-12-02, 08:03 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cal, your thermostat is bad. It's telling the heat pump to run but "forgetting" to tell the indoor unit to run.

Remember that the thermostat is what "makes" the indoor and outdoor components work.

The "board" is only concerend with the heat pump itself (outside) is could care less (doesn't even know it's there) about the indoor unit.

Old 10-13-02, 01:38 AM
clawso1
Visiting Guest
Originally posted by Jarredsdad
Cal, your thermostat is bad. It's telling the heat pump to run but "forgetting" to tell the indoor unit to run.

Remember that the thermostat is what "makes" the indoor and outdoor components work.

The "board" is only concerend with the heat pump itself (outside) is could care less (doesn't even know it's there) about the indoor unit.
Thank you sooooo much Jarredsdad!! I thought that it was the thermostat, but just wasn't sure, and now you've confirmed it for me. Again, thanks!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: