cost of switching to hot water heat

Old 10-12-02, 10:58 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Post cost of switching to hot water heat

i have gas forced air heat, and while i want to eventually istall central air, i want to do away with gas heat and switch to hot water heat.
does anyone know approximately how much that would cost me before i start calling the vulture heating companies?
i have a 3 br house with 1 br on the second floor, and a full basement.

thanks

Old 10-13-02, 06:25 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
not cheap

if you are running hot water lines to each room, those plumbers are expensive. there are units on the market that use a hot water coil inserted in the duct, or even blower units with both hot water coil and a/c coil inside. generally these are fed from a gas hot water heater nearby. since you are wanting a/c, the ductwork will remain, and can be used for heat. you are probably referring to hydronic, or baseboard heat, which will be labor intensive depending on accessibility

Old 10-17-02, 06:53 AM
BillOH
Visiting Guest
Hot water heating system

Just to replace an existing oil fired unit (no piping changes, but perhaps a flue liner has to be installed) I was quoted just this week $3,500 to $3,700. This for a 3BR with about 1,950 sq. ft. You could probably double that or more for the piping and radiators (just a guess however).

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: