Boiler Question

Old 10-13-02, 10:55 AM
skhong
Visiting Guest
Unhappy Radiators Cold Or Not Working. Need Help Urgently!!!!!!!!!

Hi there I was wondering if anyone could help me. My boiler packed in a while ago So I decided to call a plumber who told me it would cost over 1500 to replace it . This immediately put me off the idea of paying someone to fix it as I like many people cannot raise such a huge sum of money. So I decided to do it myself and hopefully make a saving. I bought a boiler costing 200 (quite a big difference )and when it arrived immediately started to install it. With the help of my friends and family we got the job done ASAP. The only problem is that it easily produces hot water but the radiators will not heat up. I don't know if the piping's wrong or that I need to get air out of the system if any . So I am asking for anyones help to help point me in the right direction. Since the installation my house has been like a ice cube I would be deeply grateful if anyone could point out the problem or help me solve it. If you think you can help please don't hesistate to e-mail me at cool@thunderbolt.fsbusiness.co.uk

Regards
Simon

Old 10-13-02, 11:13 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I would go to the highest radiator and start venting air. I think most have a vent fitting. You should vent until you get a steady stream of water. I am not an expert in this area but I believe it is your problem.

Old 10-13-02, 12:28 PM
R
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Since you installed the boiler yourself, try bleeding the boiler at the boiler first. There are different setup with boilers. In most cases, there are gates located on the supply line (pipe) and the return line. A gate is a valve that prohibits water from flowing through the pipe. Above the gates, there is usually a tap. A tap is a valve that drains water from the pipe. To bleed the system :

1. Turn off power to unit.

2. Close gate on return line.

3. Open tap on return line. Water will spit out indicating air in system. Leave tap open until water comes out in a steady stream.

4. Close tap, open gate and turn on unit.

You still have to bleed each radiator afterwards. You can also go to http://www.heatinghelp.com this site will give you some insight on how your system works.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: